Search through My Brain

Oddworld

Have a good time in my world of oDdNesS!
- Next time you visit: Bring cake!

Monday, May 23, 2011

You can exchange it!!

Ever received a present? Of course you have! We all do from time to time, as well as  give them out. I believe that no one can complain when it comes to being given a gift - or wait! I can! But I won't.... Wait... That's a lie, actually, I will.

I'll admit that getting Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood for Christmas was nice. Or Storm of Zehir on my birthday for that matter! But aside from some very specific games and some creative surprises from my girlfriend, gifts don't really give me that much joy. Despite the fact that I dislike birthdays and Christmas a great deal, I also hand them out on said occasions.

I guess we get used to handing out and receiving presents and that is fine. The trouble is when people like me receive them, we don't really tend to get overly enthused. Instead we give a quick "Thank you" and a doubtful smile. Personally, I'd think that that would be enough of a display of gratitude, but sadly: NO!

Every-single-fucking-time I have to go through the process of my mother, aunt, or some crazy dude dressed as Santa saying: If you don't like it, you can exchange it!

Okay:
1. I fucking know
2. You already know I won't tell you that I will, 'cause it's rude
3. Why would I fucking bother
4. If you'd think it was okay to exchange it, why'd you fricken bother getting it? Just give me money instead!

Just because I like the gift, it doesn't mean that I'll jump and run around the house 3 times in excitement. It's just a T-shirt, come on!! And it's not like I am going to go through that theatrical sequence of pretending to really care for it, by saying: Uuuuuh, that's nice! Just what I wanted!
Of course I'd be good at it, better than most, but no!

When I give gifts, all future remarks and comments are actually inexistent. Once it's handed over, the deed is done and we never need to speak of it again. Case Closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment